IT IS A CONDITION OF SALE THAT MACHINE TRAINING IS CARRIED OUT WITHIN 1 WEEK OF DELIVERY OF ANY MACHINE OR THE WARRANTY WILL BE AFFECTED. TO COMPLETE THE TRAINING PLEASE CALL 07562 053547 WHERE TRAINING CAN BE BOOKED AND COMPLETED WITHIN 24 HOURS (Subject to holidays or business/trade shows)
Laser/IPL & SHR Machine Training
Home study Core of Knowledge provided by www.lasersafe.co.uk
Distance learning course (electronic/online)
We offer a distance learning course covering Laser and intense light (IPL) uses in the medical, dental and aesthetic industry. The course covers the ‘core of knowledge’ and certification is approved by the British Medical Laser Association (BMLA).
Naturally, attending a scheduled course allows delegates to meet others and interact with the trainer. However, this often means a day away from the clinic, which for business owners and key staff, can be costly.
How it works
1. Contact us to register (form online) and make payment
2. You will instantly be sent the course materials electronically
3. Work through the material and complete assignments
4. Send the completed assignments to us
5. You will be sent your certificate, usually with 24 hours
The content will be focused on relevant practical laser safety management rather than detailed laser theory. The course is assessed by a qualified Laser Protection Adviser. You will also have access to help and advice (via email/telephone).
The course fee is 95.00GBP+VAT (114.00GBP total). This can be paid by, cheque, bank transfer or secure on-line payment.
To register, just visit our registration page …
- Core of Knowledge training includes:
- – What is a Laser?
- – What is Intense Pulsed Light?
- – Creation of Laser and IPL Light
- – Characteristics of laser and IPL light
- – Tissue interaction – Eye & Skin Exposure
- – Laser & IPL Hazards & Safety Precautions
- – Reflection, Absorbtion and Non-beam Hazards & Precautions
- – Relevant Standards, Quality Control and Equipment Management
- – UK Laser and IPL Regulations
- – Basic Anatomy of the Skin
- – Treatment Applications such as hair reduction, treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, vascular and pigmented lesions, skin rejuvenation, Q-switched laser tattoo removal, laser & IPL treatments of active Acne infection etc
- – Skin typing & wavelengths /modalities suitable for darker skin types
- – Suggested protocols for client assessment, patch testing, choosing correct settings, usual treatment methodology plus post treatment recommendations
Prior to Machine training, its is a conditon of sale that “The Core of Knowledge” is completed.
Machine training, this is provided by ourselves at our premises in Leeds, on purchase of any machine, and is free of charge. It involves initial setup of the machine,operating parameters, user setup, consent forms and other client forms, and anything else not covered on the course below which we believe is appropriate to our machine. Even existing users of Lasers & IPL Machines should complete machine training if they intend to use a new machine, as settings and power outputs etc.. can differ from machine to machine. It is a legal requirement that you undertake this training, and has to be provided by the supplier of the laser, not a third party company, unless authorised by ourselves. Our Laser & IPL machine training is not a substitute for Clinical training, & we recommend finding suitable clinical training before using our lasers. It is the users responsibility to check for any additional training requirements in the UK or the country where the machine will be used.
On Site training is avaliable for a small fee, plus travel costs.
Training regulations can vary depending on your location, you must check with your local authority for up to date rules. The links below may be useful.